Catherine Daniel Ceramics

Hello and welcome to my blog where I share some of the thought processes and textile/quilting inspirations behind my ceramic art, and occasionally other random topics!
For more details and pictures of my ceramic creations, please see my website -

catherinedanielceramics.com



Monday 31 May 2010

Tiny Pots for Tiny Tots


Well, we're about half way through Norfolk Open Studios and so far its been a rewarding experience in that I have been able to speak first hand to the people who buy what I make. You don't get this kind of feedback when you mostly sell through galleries, so it was good to meet the kind of people who are interested in my work. They all have their favourite pieces but one thing seems to be common to most of them and that is their backround. They mostly seem to be creative people with some sort of textiles element in their personal history. I have spoken to Textiles teachers, people who have done fashion design, and of course those who are mad about Quilting. But my favourite 'customer' of all was none of the above. She was about seven years old and visited with her Grandad. She chose to buy a little angel and a small birdy, similar to those in the picture above. Somehow, for reasons I haven't quite worked out yet, that particular sale meant more to me than all the larger ones. Maybe its just that its so gratifying to know that my pieces appeal to all ages, from the very young to the very old.


No comments:

Post a Comment