Catherine Daniel Ceramics

Hello and welcome to my blog where I share some of the thought processes and textile/quilting inspirations behind my ceramic art, and occasionally other random topics!
For more details and pictures of my ceramic creations, please see my website -

catherinedanielceramics.com



Wednesday 15 September 2010

Full of Care !

I feature on the UK Handmade blog today.
Have a look if you have a few minutes.



The definition below of the word 'handmade' is simple and to the point.
The crucial words there, I think, are 'with care'.
That's what makes handmade products so special.

And whilst I often feel like a machine when I am really busy,
a machine could not put its heart and soul into the finished product,
cos it aint got one!



The 'craftsmanship' is for the end-user to judge.
But I like to think that it is something which flows fairly naturally
out of all that 'caring' about what you make.

5 comments:

  1. Just found you via UK Handmade - what beautiful work! may have to do a little post on all those little buttons I spy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on the UK hand made blog - really interesting, and I love the vases with the buttonhole stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAB - please feel free to post on the buttons.
    Suzanne - am not a sewing person so am happy if I have somehow done a 'buttonhole' stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! Your work epitomizes the definition of handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful, I like the quilting effect and fluted edges.

    ReplyDelete